Promoting democratic values and principles
Promoting and Defending Democracy
To respond to the lack of a regional accountability mechanism in Asia, members of civil society across Asia gathered to create the Asia Democracy Network (ADN). In 2013, the ADN was officially launched in the presence of democracy advocates with the aim to work together to promote and defend democracy in Asia.
- Establish more relationships with multi-stakeholders (civil society, democratic governments, private sector, public institutions, etc)
Democratic Unity and Solidarity
ADN has the firm stance that through democratic unity and solidarity that we have chance of halting the regress of democracy in the region. ADN will create platforms amongst democratic nations to strengthen democratic unity to work together to champion democracy and human rights. Democratic solidarity will be strengthened among civil society across Asia to open up more democratic space for fundamental rights to thrive.
- Democratic Unity Building in Asia
- Democratic Solidarity Building in Asia (Regional, Sub-Regional, and National Level)
- Media Engagement and Cooperation
Next Generation Democracy Advocates
Cultivating the next generation of democracy advocates is vital in sustaining the movement in the long term. Much analysis reveals that a factor of regression of democracy across the globe is that there was a lack of democracy education and cultivation of next generation democracy leaders. To ensure that we maintain the spirit of the movement and to progress democracy ADN will prioritize cultivating youth.
- Asia Democracy School
- ADN Democratic Youth Network
- ADN Youth Democracy Leadership Forum